Diploma in Radiography & Imaging Technology (RIT)
The aim of the 4 years degree program in Radiology is to skills, techniques, and ethical values to enable them to apply their acquired expertise at a level between the doctors and the patient for efferent health service delivery.
Skills to be learned during the course:
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the detailed Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Ability to learn and master the operation of simple / advanced sophisticated imaging machinery.
- Ability to identify trouble-shooting & problems related to the equipment used in Radiology.
- Perform maintenance and corrective measures on imaging instruments, where required.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge and technical skills regarding the diagnostic Radiology Technology including X-Rays, Medical Sonography, Computerized Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medical, Fluoroscopes, and cardiovascular imaging, etc.
- Explaining to the patient about the procedure, precautions, and correct positioning.
- Place the equipment in the proper position in relation to the patient\’s body to determine the proper machine settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proper usage of the radiation protection equipment.
- Manage small administrative issues of the department including purchase/replacement of the related equipment.
- Maintenance of work records, dye, and chemical storage, up to date methodology, and miscellaneous duties.
- Complete work in compliance with the quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of stock solution, controls, and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of record-keeping.
- The ability to analyze and modify the imaging techniques according to the circumstances.
- Attend continuing education programs as funding and workload permits.
- Instruct and teach the junior staff and training technologists
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
Upon the completion of the Dental Laboratory Technology program, the students:
- will have the fundamental knowledge of Dental Laboratory technology to pursue their career and workplace needs.
- will have the intellectual curiosity to actively participate in the innovation/research, acquisition of new knowledge and skills to refine their technical abilities.
- will have the ability to critically analyze, communicate, diagnose, and solve problems efficiently for the benefit of society.
- will demonstrate interpersonal, inter-professional, and entrepreneurial skills to contribute to society.